THE ROLE: PRACTICE MANAGER
Our clients are a small and friendly law firm based in South Hertfordshire who are currently seeking a Practice Manager to develop and manage the performance and productivity of their firm and ultimately to achieve the aims and objectives of the firm.
The ideal candidate is someone who can implement the firm’s policies and procedures, ensuring compliance and regulations with high quality practice management skills.
You will be responsible for the day to day management and performance monitoring and will be able to make recommendations where necessary for greater efficiency.
1. General practice manager, including regulation and compliance.
2. Business development.
3. Active recruitment and management of consultant solicitors.
4. COFA and COLP duties as and when assigned.
Finance and accounts
• Finance administration and reporting, including billing, cash flow, credit control, banking, P&L and annual accounts.
• Monthly payroll and employee tax payments.
• Setting financial targets, forecasts, budgets and KPIs.
• Tax, VAT and Solicitors’ Accounts Rules compliance duties.
HR and recruitment
• Staff recruitment at every stage – from sourcing talent to CV selection and signing contracts.
• HR management, including processes and employee development.
Marketing and business development
• Setting marketing plans and strategy.
• Client communications, from newsletters to PR and events.
• Website and social media management.
Operations, administration and facilities management
• Streamlining processes and systems to ensure best practice, efficiency and profitability in accordance with the relevant regulations and compliance set by the SRA.
• Supplier management and contract negotiation, covering everything from stationery to accounting services.
• Building and facilities management, including property checks, insurance, security and health and safety compliance.
• General admin, from filing to phone duty.
• Allocating workflow, resolving issues, ensuring quality and service delivery.
• Dealing with issues raised by staff in the day to day running of the Practice.
Will consider part time 4 days per week, rising to full time.
Salary £Neg dep on exp
Holidays: Standard plus Bank Holidays
Start Date: ASAP
If you are looking for an interesting role where you can thrive on responsibility, then this role knows no bounds.