THE ROLE: PARALEGAL
REF NO: L4L 838
Our clients are Solicitors based in North London. They are looking for a motivated and driven Conveyancing Paralegal to join their team on a permanent full-time basis dealing with all conveyancing matters. The successful candidate will be joining a small and friendly firm of solicitors, providing legal support to the conveyancing and private client team. This is an ideal opportunity for a proactive individual looking to develop their career and grow with the responsibility given to them under supervision of a Solicitor.
Some of the key responsibilities of a Paralegal are, but are not limited to:
1. Attending to clients, updating them on their matters by post, email and telephone and video conferencing.
2. Preparing estimates of costs using case management; and updating case management system to generate all correspondence and documents in the matter
3. Carrying out Anti Money-Laundering (AML) checks on potential clients and other parties
4. Preparing legal documentation including contracts, completion statements, leasehold management packs and Land Registry documentation
5. Carrying out searches and enquiries
6. Using internet banking
7. Dealing with pre-contact enquiries
8. Reporting on title
9. Exchanging contracts
10. Preparing for completion
11. Make Land Registry applications
12. Filing SDLT returns online
13. Any other reasonable task that may be required as and when needed
The key skills and qualities for this post.
• Experience in conveyancing work and knowledge of the requirements of CQS and LEXCEL is essential and work processed to these standards
• Strong organisation and time-management skills to record all chargeable time and handle multiple workstreams in a dynamic and changing environment
• IT proficiency, being comfortable with using case management software, and Microsoft Office
Salary : Depending on experience INRO £20-25,000pa
Holidays: Standard plus Bank Holidays
Start Date: ASAP
Skills & Requirements: Residential Property experience with at least 1 year in a similar role. This is a great chance to enhance your skills by working closely with the Managing Property Partner in this practice area.
Legals 4 Lawyers will try and respond to all applications for this role within 72 hours. However, we are currently experiencing high volumes of applications and if you have not heard from us within this period of time, unfortunately your application will not have been successful. Thank you and good luck.