Job Description: Legal Cashier – Part Time
Our clients, a friendly dynamic driven law firm in Luton, are now seeking a Legal Cashier/Accounts Manager on a part time basis, 2 days per week.
Required qualifications, skills and expertise:
Trained in the principles of book-keeping, preferably with sound experience in legal cashiering and SAR’s experience, our clients are seeking a Legal Cashier/Accounts Assistant to manage their Finance Dept. You must also have Compliance experience and proven experience in the following duties:-
1. To deal with banking functions including paying in cheques at the Bank.
2. Processing client and office accounting transactions including postings.
3. Preparation of cheques and ensured signed in accordance with the Bank Mandate.
4. Sending of monies by electronic transfer and Internet Banking.
5. Control of designated client deposit accounts.
6. Printing of ledgers and photocopying in preparation for the annual SAR audit.
7. Advise fee earners and support staff with ledger and billing enquiries.
8. Input of all Land Registry and Companies House fees.
9. To deal with any accounts queries as may arise from time to time.
10. To provide support in filing and administration of the accounts department including filing of Money Laundering identification sheets.
11. Any ad hoc duties as they arise.
12. Computer literacy is a requirement.
Requirement: Must have own transport in order to do any banking necessary.
Skills: Ideally if you will have legal cashiering experience with SARS and Compliance experience.
Hours: 9-5.30pm Holidays: Standard plus Bank Holidays: Start Date: ASAP 2020 Salary range pro rata of £25,000pa.