THE ROLE: LEGAL CASHIER
REF NO: L4L 827
Our clients, a friendly well-established law firm in Harpenden, are now seeking a Legal Cashier/Accounts Assistant to work closely with the Head Legal Cashier in the smooth running of the financial dept preferably with some previous experience.
Required qualifications, skills and expertise:-
Trained in the principles of book-keeping and preferably with sound experience in legal cashiering, our clients are seeking a Leal Cashier/Accounts Assistant to assist the Head Legal Cashier.
Main responsibilities (to be revised from time to time and in any event within 3 months of the date hereof)
1. To help with banking functions including paying in cheques at the Bank.
2. Processing client and office accounting transactions including postings.
3. Preparation of cheques and ensured signed in accordance with the Bank Mandate.
4. To assist in the sending of monies by electronic transfer using Barclays Internet Banking.
5. To assist with the control of designated client deposit accounts.
6. Printing of ledgers and photocopying in preparation for the annual SAR audit.
7. Advise fee earners and support staff with ledger and billing enquiries.
8. Input of all Land Registry and Companies House fees.
9. To deal with any accounts queries as may arise from time to time.
10. To provide support in filing and administration of the accounts department including filing of Money Laundering identification sheets.
11. Any ad hoc duties as they arise.
12. Computer literacy is a requirement.
Requirement: Must have own transport in order to do any banking when necessary.
Skills: Ideally if you have had a few years in legal cashiering with experience of Solicitors Accounts Rules or will consider someone with more general accountancy and book-keeping with credit control, ledgers experience, seeking a career as a Legal Cashier.
Hours: 9-5.30pm Holidays: Standard plus Bank Holidays: Start Date: Mid- July 2021 Salary range £20-28k pa depending on level of experience.