The Role: HEAD OF LAW
Our clients, (a multi-discipline professional services group) are looking to recruit a Head of Law to join its growing firm based in North London.
About our Clients:
They are a multi-disciplinary consultancy firm, offering international taxation, company accounting, business advisory, digital marketing and legal services.
Their clients include HNW individuals and SME’s and cover a broad range of industry sectors. They are friendly, exciting and entrepreneurial and offer a good package and perks and they genuinely care about their staff and want you to enjoy coming to work. Now in their 5th year of trading, having established their Legal Services division in 2018, they focus on Corporate, Commercial, Non-Contentious Employment, GDPR & M&A services. Employing over 28 staff, they deliver value by harnessing their experience in practice and industry, fused with their dynamic and entrepreneurial approach. They believe in Total Client Satisfaction. It is at the heart of everything they do.
The firm only provides unreserved activities and therefore is not required to be regulated by the SRA; however, it is the intention to become regulated in due course.
The team currently consists of a Business Development Solicitor, Senior Corporate and Commercial Solicitor and Newly Qualified Solicitor.
The Head of Law will work closely with the Directors to lead the existing legal services team who provide Corporate and Commercial work to a range of SME businesses in the UK.
Leading from the front, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the firm regarding winning new business, overall service delivery and delivering your own work.
The ideal candidate will have worked on various M&A and CoCo projects at a senior level for a mid-tier firm and will be looking for a long-term opportunity in which he or she can build upon their experiences and knowledge and drive the legal business forward.
• • Overall responsibility of new customer acquisition whilst maintaining relationships with existing ones.
• • Managing and improving existing processes and procedures.
• • Leading client meetings and acting as ‘expert’
• • Providing strategy and direction for business growth
• • Tracking workflow and delivery across the team
• • Acting as Deal Leader for M&A transactions
• • Managing outsource relationships.
• • Working with the finance team on corporate transactions and financial due diligence
• • Training current team members and improving performance.
• • Supervision of staff including appraisals and providing guidance as needed.
• • New business, attending new business meetings and networking/speaking events
• • Proven track record of managing teams and delivering general accounting services
• • Existing experience working with SME businesses
• • Good knowledge within the service portfolio
• • Understanding of current accounting practices.
• • Strong strategic, analytical and project management skills.
• • Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead a team.
• • Confident and dynamic personality.
• • Proven Business Development capability.
The company is looking for someone who has the ambition to run their own firm, with the support and infrastructure of a multi-disciplinary consulting practice behind them, along with the necessary group functions such as sales, marketing, finance, and back office.
• • SRA qualified
• • 10 years’ minimum experience working in corporate & commercial departments.
• • Management experience
• • Proven experience in providing an end-to-end service to SME businesses.
• • Experience leading SME M&A transactions
• • Strong attention to detail
• • Happy to work independently and manage a team.
• • Ability to think outside the box and provide clients with the best advice for their business.
• • Excellent organisational and multitasking skills
• • Ability to work under strict deadlines
• • Advanced IT skills
• • Team player
• • Strong sense of urgency
• • Professional and presentable
What we offer:
• Basic Salary circa. £65k+ dependent on experience
• Bonus scheme
• Net Profit share
• 22 Days Holiday + Public Bank Holidays
• Share incentive scheme when launched
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Private medical insurance
• Opportunity to join a rapidly expanding firm at a very exciting stage of growth
If you are looking for a new challenge in a dynamic firm, then please apply.